Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Protests

I saw that many people protested yesterday for immigrant rights.
Just to let them know it did not affect me at all, I felt no impact from them, but then again I live in the suburbs, not many immigrant run businesses there.
The ones that are in my community and are run by immigrants were still open and the people working in there were the same people as the day before.
I assume these people are making a decent living as they are mostly the owners of the stores I frequent, and they really don't have the same concerns these other people have. I think half the people that were out there protesting and holding signs had no idea why they were even doing it.
I think that the people who were affected the most by this were small business owners, many of who are immigrants themselves. In the cities where the immigrant enclaves are is where the biggest impact would be felt, so I guess you could say they are only hurting themselves.

My buddy does the landscaping at my house and he uses day laborers, 95 percent of the time e uses the same guys, and those guys were with him yesterday. He said they knew if they didn't show up that he wouldn't use them anymore. I talk to them when there over, I have nothing against them, and I don't think these particular individuals are asking anything more then just to do an honest's day work. I also don't think they expect anything other then being afforded that. I understand why they want to be here and I have no problem with them wanting it, and they do wish they could be citizens, but they told me it is too much work to legally get here. It is easier for them to just come here and then leave in the winter. I did landscaping when I was younger, but I don't see young teenage guys doing that anymore, it's all day laborers, they work for less and I think are probably more reliable. But if they weren't here the American teenagers would do the job and they would be learning something they can use later in life. What's wrong with that?

I am in favor of immigrants rights, if they are legal immigrants.
Why should people who cross into our country have the same rights afforded to them that people who worked hard and had the due diligence to go through the proper channels have?
My family came here and I assume it was less structured at that time rather then now, and they became citizens of the U.S. legally. If you wan the rights of other people get your citizenship and go through the proper channels to come here, otherwise don't ask anything from me.

Here are some links to read if your interested:


http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2MDYmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY5Mjg2OTcmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

http://rightontheleftcoast.blogspot.com

1 Comments:

Blogger ytto5zimv82dtv said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home